Best Lunch Ever Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing bad things is fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where did pokemon go?

Go down 
+21
LemonTsutarja
ShadowofaMew
Wind
jwalk03
BlackBlastoise
polux1002
Buffaron
iMijumaru
Nintho
ChatotShow
Maxieland
PlatinumToxic
CoolKitteh
1georgiatech
Jake
dildozer
DunsparceFTW
Zuko
Corrupted X
Zega
WolfieXp
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WolfieXp

WolfieXp

Where did pokemon go? Empty
PostSubject: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 am

I personly think the 5th gen where cool when the first pokemon like the startes and shimama and the other one's got realised, they kinda swooped 4th gen away, but later in the pokedex the pokemon turns into digimons and looses the thing that makes pokemon, and thats the ability to see which type it is when you first see the pokemon, but when i saw the newest 5th gen pkms i was totaly out driving..
Back to top Go down
Zega

Zega

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm

First of all, what DOES make a Pokemon original? Think about that for a moment. Think about how "original" the first Pokemon were. A pile of goo evolving into another pile of goo, but bigger. An iron ball with magnets evolving in to several iron balls with magnets. A mole evolving into three moles - you get the idea. You're just growing out of it. You don't see the younger generation complaining, though you see the elder ones. Please, understand this.

TL;DR version: Nowhere, you're growing out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://armorgames.com/user/Zega
Corrupted X

Corrupted X

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:36 pm

"Where did Pokemon go?"

Over there.
Back to top Go down
Zuko

Zuko

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Pokemon will always sell no matter what they look like. So the creators just throw out anything they want.
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

I've got to admit, the every pokemon has it's own place really, there are some of the older pokemon from R/B/Y that I wasn't too fond of like Hypno. I never really liked him. Or from Johto, I never liked Girafirag, and so on, there's plenty of pokemon that people won't like and others that they'll love. I mean, my new favorite pokemon is probably that new chandelier pokemon Shandera, he's awesome, highest base Sp. Attack of all non-legendary pokemon FTW? And he's a ghostly chandelier, that's awesome. They have their good idea's and their bad one's it's all in perspective really, true their not going to compare to the old one's because everybody knows them and loves them, but they're are a lot of pokemon from R/S/E that people didn't like when they came out, but look at it now, we didn't like a lot of them, and now look, I love the majority of them. It's all because it's "new," and we don't want to accept change is all, sooner or later we'll get adjusted and they'll be just as welcome as all the others.
Back to top Go down
dildozer

PostSubject: Onle bad thing.   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:44 pm

One of the bad thing is the new fire starter, really? Another fighting fire type? Why? It's so overused and boring.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 pm

I think it grew up, don't they grow up so fast? lol! Nawh, but seriously, it will never be the same as what is was, I mean, it happens with all games, they just get old and eventually they get boring with the sequals.
Back to top Go down
1georgiatech

1georgiatech

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I like the fifth gen. No one can stop the creation of Pokemon. I can't wait fo B/W to come in english so I know what everyone says. The jap game is fun but theres alot of talking. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1georgiatech
CoolKitteh

CoolKitteh

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:49 pm

I know pokemon is different, but its just the adjustment no one will like them but we will soon like the change its growing on me already soon enough we will like it bounce P.S ARRGHH pirat P.S.S Basketball Boing!!
Back to top Go down
PlatinumToxic

PlatinumToxic

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, they look kind of gay because GameFreak tried too hard to make them look awesome, with too many details that continuosly make the Pokemon look more and more retarded.
Back to top Go down
Maxieland

Maxieland

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

I over
all like the Isshu Pokemon but HOENNNNN FTW
Shocked
Back to top Go down
ChatotShow

ChatotShow

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

This gens pokemon are awesome i don't know what you guys are saying. I thought this gen is super creative and defiantly the best pokemon so far.
however i am a n00b
Back to top Go down
PlatinumToxic

PlatinumToxic

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 pm

ChatotShow wrote:
This gens pokemon are awesome i don't know what you guys are saying. I thought this gen is super creative and defiantly the best pokemon so far.
however i am a n00b

I just liked it better when the styles of pokes' were simpler. And what do you mean your a noob? To what?
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Like I said, we're just not used to them yet, they'll grow on us soon enough I'm sure of that, I didn't like the 4th gen pokemon when I first heard about them and I swore I would never use them, both of my teams for the last two VGC's had half each of 4th gen pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 am

DunsparceFTW wrote:
I've got to admit, the every pokemon has it's own place really, there are some of the older pokemon from R/B/Y that I wasn't too fond of like Hypno. I never really liked him. Or from Johto, I never liked Girafirag, and so on, there's plenty of pokemon that people won't like and others that they'll love. I mean, my new favorite pokemon is probably that new chandelier pokemon Shandera, he's awesome, highest base Sp. Attack of all non-legendary pokemon FTW? And he's a ghostly chandelier, that's awesome. They have their good idea's and their bad one's it's all in perspective really, true their not going to compare to the old one's because everybody knows them and loves them, but they're are a lot of pokemon from R/S/E that people didn't like when they came out, but look at it now, we didn't like a lot of them, and now look, I love the majority of them. It's all because it's "new," and we don't want to accept change is all, sooner or later we'll get adjusted and they'll be just as welcome as all the others.

I think thats a good sum of it, pokemon appeals to alot of poeople and a high seller series, game freak can produce as many as they want and new poemon is good for the series new stratergies, type combination etc. look at this in a postitive way.
Back to top Go down
WolfieXp

WolfieXp

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 am

You totaly dont get my point, almost everyone was awsome, but seriusly the evolutios of gear? -.- also my point is that alot of pokemon have lost its cuteness and thats importen, and the puppy pokemon was awsome also its evo but not its last evo
Back to top Go down
iMijumaru

iMijumaru

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 am

Pokemon will be alive 4ever.
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 pm

WolfieXp wrote:
You totaly dont get my point, almost everyone was awsome, but seriusly the evolutios of gear? -.- also my point is that alot of pokemon have lost its cuteness and thats importen, and the puppy pokemon was awsome also its evo but not its last evo
You're not getting our point, that's your opinion, and your entirely entitled to it, but what we're trying to say is that pokemon is a game that tries to appeal to every category. That's why no one person will use the same group, why there's so many different combinations out there. Gamefreak is trying to appeal to everyone, how they look may mean that you hate them, but other people may like how they look, that's why looks don't matter, true it matters a little but like pokemon like that new Yorkshire terrier pokemon the final evo of that puppy pokemon, I absolutely hate how he looks, but my other friends on another forum and are dead set on using him when the games come to America. Looks means nothing when it comes to your own point of view, it's all aesthetic that's it. It's just what Gamefreak envisioned that pokemon would look like, it's like a writer for a book, or a movie, or even music. The author, the screenwriter, the artist they all envision they're stuff to look different, and that's just what they come up with, it's what they think that their "art" will come out as. And that's exactly what Gamefreak does with Pokemon too, you may hate it, but others love it.
Back to top Go down
WolfieXp

WolfieXp

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 pm

never said i hate it, i love alomst everyone, its just that the ¨evo of pokemon is double¨ thing that is overused like gear =2 gear evo =3 gears and that ice pokemon is freaking awsome but i dont like the way it doubles itself AND screw the evos of pokabo fire/fighting is overused
Back to top Go down
Buffaron

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 pm

omg dese pkmn sux!!!!!!!! Smile))))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
polux1002

polux1002

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

my freind who hates pkmn came up with a list of what is wrong with pokemon

this includes evreything wrong with it

pokemon as a whole.

the entire global culture is based around sending a pre-teen out into the world with only a bag of and what surmounts to a glorified guard dog.

these children, barely outside the womb, are hurled into a violent world where wild animals fearlessly assault you and other people, from children to adult, will attempt to jump you and mug you using their trained animals so they can steal what little pocket money. after having this happen enough, your protagonist becomes hardened to the world at large an becomes another cog in the violent cycle.

after having your "pet" viciously maul enough animals it will suddenly undergo a physical change into another creature in a time frame of seconds. these supposedly natural changes can be stopped either manually or unnaturally via the application of special materials. heck, some of these creatures have such unstable bodies that simply applying enough minerals to them can force a change. it also seems that a few are susceptible to changes in a horror-movie scenario reminiscient of "the fly" where teleportation+foreign object = WTF?

you then require this child to go around the world unsupervised with a horde of these animals in tow willingly participating in what amounts to a regulated dog fight.

and this doesn't even go into detail about the performance enhancing drugs you can legally buy, or forcefully inbreeding them to gain particular qualities or traits, effectively creating a cute and cuddly ubermench. the fact that you can also bend the creature's mind and forcefully unlearn abilities and make it learn others it cannot naturally add to just how wrong the world of pokemon.

you know, i think "black and white" is the first appropriately name for the series as it accurately describes the contrast between the outside appearance and the true nature of the game.

also: yeah, that bag is one big WTF. i just assume it's the final evolution of the bag of holding (to use D&D terms). i mean, mine contains a few thousand pokeballs, several thousand yen, gord knows how many hundreds of pounds of fruit (which always stays fresh?), a bike, many many fist sized rocks, fossils and ceramic/metallic plates, about as many DVDs then my own personal collection, etc...

it's effectively Felix the Cat's magic bag, only transposed in another world & mass-manufactured.

one other thing: why is the protagonist always the one to save the world/country from the evil organization? i mean, "oh noes! team rocket and their level 20 army!"

the only time i've seen this done otherwise is when Lance decided to roll the base with his dragonite and just happened to bump into the player and asked if he/she wanted to come along to shorten the time needed. there are a LOT of high level trainers even outside of gym leaders & the elite four/champion. get them to save your world... it's not hard to get a pokemon past level 20!

Then, we go to team tocket/magma/aqua/whatever: So most of them try to rule the world sending grunts that have mostly... dogs (poochyena), blind bats (all of them have at least one) and freaking rats.

Also, something that I always wondered: when you see Pokemons' descriptions, most of them talk about how they hunt or run from enemies... can you imagine a bunch of Weaviles pursuiting and beating to death a Bonsly, for example?

But what I think is the worst thing there is when you breed for the best IV's. If you are an advanced player, you know how it is. You have to breed several times, and then get the ones who have the best IV's and breed them again, to get even better IV's. But man, let's think about it. So you make a couple to 'breed' until they have a strong child. All of the others newborn, defenseless babies are sent to the wild to be hunted by, let's say, Gliscors. THEN, you get the baby, and make it breed with its MOM!!! If that's not enough, when they have a child that's strong enough, sometimes you get that other baby and you make it f****ing breed with its grandma/grandpa, or even older parents!

Just... think about it.

Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

polux1002 wrote:

pokemon as a whole.

the entire global culture is based around sending a pre-teen out into the world with only a bag of and what surmounts to a glorified guard dog.

these children, barely outside the womb, are hurled into a violent world where wild animals fearlessly assault you and other people, from children to adult, will attempt to jump you and mug you using their trained animals so they can steal what little pocket money. after having this happen enough, your protagonist becomes hardened to the world at large an becomes another cog in the violent cycle.

after having your "pet" viciously maul enough animals it will suddenly undergo a physical change into another creature in a time frame of seconds. these supposedly natural changes can be stopped either manually or unnaturally via the application of special materials. heck, some of these creatures have such unstable bodies that simply applying enough minerals to them can force a change. it also seems that a few are susceptible to changes in a horror-movie scenario reminiscient of "the fly" where teleportation+foreign object = WTF?

you then require this child to go around the world unsupervised with a horde of these animals in tow willingly participating in what amounts to a regulated dog fight.

and this doesn't even go into detail about the performance enhancing drugs you can legally buy, or forcefully inbreeding them to gain particular qualities or traits, effectively creating a cute and cuddly ubermench. the fact that you can also bend the creature's mind and forcefully unlearn abilities and make it learn others it cannot naturally add to just how wrong the world of pokemon.

you know, i think "black and white" is the first appropriately name for the series as it accurately describes the contrast between the outside appearance and the true nature of the game.

also: yeah, that bag is one big WTF. i just assume it's the final evolution of the bag of holding (to use D&D terms). i mean, mine contains a few thousand pokeballs, several thousand yen, gord knows how many hundreds of pounds of fruit (which always stays fresh?), a bike, many many fist sized rocks, fossils and ceramic/metallic plates, about as many DVDs then my own personal collection, etc...

it's effectively Felix the Cat's magic bag, only transposed in another world & mass-manufactured.

one other thing: why is the protagonist always the one to save the world/country from the evil organization? i mean, "oh noes! team rocket and their level 20 army!"

the only time i've seen this done otherwise is when Lance decided to roll the base with his dragonite and just happened to bump into the player and asked if he/she wanted to come along to shorten the time needed. there are a LOT of high level trainers even outside of gym leaders & the elite four/champion. get them to save your world... it's not hard to get a pokemon past level 20!

Then, we go to team tocket/magma/aqua/whatever: So most of them try to rule the world sending grunts that have mostly... dogs (poochyena), blind bats (all of them have at least one) and freaking rats.

Also, something that I always wondered: when you see Pokemons' descriptions, most of them talk about how they hunt or run from enemies... can you imagine a bunch of Weaviles pursuiting and beating to death a Bonsly, for example?

But what I think is the worst thing there is when you breed for the best IV's. If you are an advanced player, you know how it is. You have to breed several times, and then get the ones who have the best IV's and breed them again, to get even better IV's. But man, let's think about it. So you make a couple to 'breed' until they have a strong child. All of the others newborn, defenseless babies are sent to the wild to be hunted by, let's say, Gliscors. THEN, you get the baby, and make it breed with its MOM!!! If that's not enough, when they have a child that's strong enough, sometimes you get that other baby and you make it f****ing breed with its grandma/grandpa, or even older parents!

Just... think about it.

i loled ^
Back to top Go down
BlackBlastoise

BlackBlastoise

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Sup guys
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:22 pm

WolfieXp wrote:
never said i hate it, i love alomst everyone, its just that the ¨evo of pokemon is double¨ thing that is overused like gear =2 gear evo =3 gears and that ice pokemon is freaking awsome but i dont like the way it doubles itself AND screw the evos of pokabo fire/fighting is overused
I didn't mean that you hated them, sorry if I put it like that, and I guess you have a point with the whole "double up" on pokemon thing. But that just goes back to my point that it's you're opinion, didn't mean to start an argument Smile.
polux1002 wrote:

pokemon as a whole.

Just... think about it.

And I gotta say, that is hilariously true though, if only he knew what Team Plasma's true intent was, then he would've really gone off...
Back to top Go down
BlackBlastoise

BlackBlastoise

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I have to say that i think Dimond and Pearl are not that good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did pokemon go?   Where did pokemon go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where did pokemon go?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Lunch Ever Forums :: Pokemon :: Fifth Gen Pokemon Games-
Jump to: