Best Lunch Ever Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing bad things is fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new to wifi battling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
firefox

firefox

new to wifi battling Empty
PostSubject: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 am

Hey everyone! I've been watching a lot of wifi battles on youtube and it really got me into them. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me? I am having a lot of trouble on figuring out a team if anybody could please help with that i would appreciate it alot! thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
mouldycheese

mouldycheese

PostSubject: Re: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:39 pm

i suck too cuz i just dont know stratergy... oh but i know one nifty trick! use electrvire and jolteon in a double battle and make sure they both know discharge. electrvire's ability is motor drive whichincreases speed whwn hit by electric attacks and jolteon's ability is volt absorb which heals some health when hit by elecric attacks so use discharge consecutively.
hope it helps =)
Back to top Go down
firelapras45

firelapras45

PostSubject: Re: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Always have diverse teams. Try to avoid the same types like an omastar and a lantern on one team. Both water types.
Also have your pokemon know moves that can cover their weaknesses. For example, tyranitar is 4x weak to fighting. Teach it a flying type move like areael ace to cover that weakness.
Back to top Go down
Shorts

PostSubject: Re: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Erm, lapras' advice is good in theory but it doesn't always work. The gen 4 metagame teams were mostly dragon steel dragon steel other other. Also, A move that covers a weakness only tends to work well when you're fast, like Starmie with Ice Beam.
Back to top Go down
ShadowofaMew

PostSubject: Re: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Another thing you should know is not to just follow Smogon, while yes some of their sets work well, if you just use smogon then people can just look up how you set up your pokemon and go from there, try to use something that people don't expect, other then that good luck to ya.
~Mew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to wifi battling   new to wifi battling Empty

Back to top Go down

new to wifi battling
Page 1 of 1