Best Lunch Ever Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing bad things is fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon

Go down 
+10
Wind
Rainbow-Sasuke
KingdomKeyD
ChatotShow
iMijumaru
POK3RUS
1georgiatech
DunsparceFTW
Nintho
TheMaple73
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMaple73

Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 am

Topic says it all, any one wanna talk about the 4th gen pokemon? well to start, did you guys notice that in platinum, you get a tm for earthquake RIGHT AFTER the 2nd gym?! thats just awesome, that early in the game. though it wont be good for a gym until Byron though lol.
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am

on the topic of forth generation i recently started a new game any ideas on team members? I want to make a dynamic team thats balleneced, not legendaries thanks.

Note: i started with pinplup
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Technically you could get Earthquake right after the second gym, but only problem is a strength boulder blocks your path and I forget, but I believe you can use strength after like the 5th gym. And Nintho, for your team, what are you looking to possibly use, like what types?
Back to top Go down
1georgiatech

1georgiatech

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Um who likes the TM list. I really liike it in this generation. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1georgiatech
1georgiatech

1georgiatech

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 pm

DunsparceFTW wrote:
Technically you could get Earthquake right after the second gym, but only problem is a strength boulder blocks your path and I forget, but I believe you can use strength after like the 5th gym. And Nintho, for your team, what are you looking to possibly use, like what types?
6th gym in D/P/P and 3rd in HG/SS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1georgiatech
POK3RUS

POK3RUS

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 pm

I actually really love 4th gen like...a lot.
Back to top Go down
TheMaple73

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 am

Nintho wrote:
on the topic of forth generation i recently started a new game any ideas on team members? I want to make a dynamic team thats balleneced, not legendaries thanks.

Prinplup you mean, hm I would suggest a team with types of Water,Flying,Grass,Fire,Fighting and lastly its your choice! I would have my last one be electric or ice but its up to you. Now remember this is only suggested. first tell me if yours is diamond/pearl or platinum?
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 am

well i want a balance of type 2 triangles in each preferably, im playing platinum..
i dont want to use, staraptor, luxray, dusknor, rhyperior, gachamp or a legendary cause ive used em already. i want something new and different.
Back to top Go down
TheMaple73

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 am

Nintho wrote:
well i want a balance of type 2 triangles in each preferably, im playing platinum..
i dont want to use, staraptor, luxray, dusknor, rhyperior, gachamp or a legendary cause ive used em already. i want something new and different.

Empoleon of course, he's/she's your starter, provides Surf and Waterfall.

Roserade! You get him/her north of Jubilife City as a Budew. Though it will be hard to train, it will all work out. A Shiny stone in Iron Island after the 6th gym makes it a Roserade. Provides Cut.

No Staraptor, eh? Crobat! Great flier. Find him in the Oreburgh Gate and east of Jubilife at night as a Zubat. He will also be hard to train. Provides Fly and Defog.

Rapidash is a sweet fire type. Provides Strength.

Lucario! My favorite, he is just GREAT. Get him from Riley as an egg which hatches into a Level 1 Riolu. Try to give it alot of happiness, however you have more ways of doing this than when you evolved Budew into Roselia. Provides Rock Climb, Rock Smash and Strength.

Lastly, anything you want! I would get a Glalie or something.

Note : I put this in order. You get Piplup first, a Budew is next, Crobat is next, Ponyta you can find him shortly after Crobat, Riolu comes a bit later and finally a glalie comes in the 7th gym

Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:56 am

good ideas maple, but i may drop rapidash, roserade and lucario i already used em before and relase it with tropieous, houndoom and altaria and change the dynamic around thanks for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
iMijumaru

iMijumaru

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 am

Awesome all the 4th gens are awesome in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 am

I just realised that murcrow isnt available in platnuim, thats dissapointing..
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 pm

1georgiatech wrote:
DunsparceFTW wrote:
Yeah, but he said in Platinum.

TheMaple73 wrote:
Nintho wrote:

Prinplup you mean, hm I would suggest a team with types of Water,Flying,Grass,Fire,Fighting and lastly its your choice! I would have my last one be electric or ice but its up to you. Now remember this is only suggested. first tell me if yours is diamond/pearl or platinum?

Actually I think he means Piplup, since technically you can't "start" with Prinplup.
Nintho wrote:
Were you planning on using Murkrow? I didn't see you had him in your list of poke's, and I thought you could only get Tropius after the E4 though? Because if you're going to be doing that then, go with Mence instead of Altaria, much better type coverage.
Back to top Go down
TheMaple73

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 pm

DunsparceFTW wrote:
1georgiatech wrote:
DunsparceFTW wrote:

TheMaple73 wrote:
Nintho wrote:

Actually I think he means Piplup, since technically you can't "start" with Prinplup.
Nintho wrote:
Were you planning on using Murkrow? I didn't see you had him in your list of poke's, and I thought you could only get Tropius after the E4 though? Because if you're going to be doing that then, go with Mence instead of Altaria, much better type coverage.

No thats in D/P. Tropis is available in Platinum when you go into the Great Marsh. Mence? Idk what that is O.o.
Back to top Go down
TheMaple73

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Nintho wrote:
good ideas maple, but i may drop rapidash, roserade and lucario i already used em before and relase it with tropieous, houndoom and altaria and change the dynamic around thanks for the suggestions.

Your welcome, though if you want anymore suggestions well for Rapidash, a Houndoom would be better but those are the only 2 fire types you can get besides Chimchar's family, though i believe in the Fuego Ironworks you can get a Magmar but im not too sure. Altaria, thats a great pokemon, Draco Meteor is really good on it. Roserade, if not then theres still tropius like you said. For lucario, i dont know if you meant Garchomp (dragon/ground) or Machamp (fighting) when you said Gachamp, but Garchomp is a good replacement if you don't want altaria, if you meant garchomp, then you can get machamp to replace lucario. If you meant machamp, theres Heracross which is great I always get lucky with it when i use honey or if you don't want to take the chances theres Medicham. also theres Croagunk which becomes a Toxicroak.
Back to top Go down
ChatotShow

ChatotShow

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 am

Platinum first game I played competitively
Back to top Go down
iMijumaru

iMijumaru

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

HG/SS was mine chatot
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:29 am

I dont play Competitively.. I just play single player and i enjoy it alot, competivite battling is very time consuming imo.
Back to top Go down
KingdomKeyD

KingdomKeyD

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:15 pm

It was probably Plat that I started playing competitively, but mostly in the UU field. I'm decent, and once Smogon makes a decent teir list for the 5th generation, I will focus even more in the UU field. It has a better list imo than any other tier, except maybe NFE.

I also restarted Soul Silver, and am making a team with only Johto Pokies. It is harder than it looks actually. Team (cookie if you know where the nicknames come from):

Nirvana the Teddiursa (Traded starter for it)
Masamune the Pineco
Calabolg the Quagsire
SpirtLance the Chinchou
GodHand the Sunflora
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000054320909
Rainbow-Sasuke

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:07 pm

In SS, I'm gonna use Feraligatr, Jumpluff, Houndoom, Electabuzz, Donphan and Dragonite.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:12 pm

4th gen was probably my favorite, I had a friend who had got it at the same time so we all got all 3 starters which made the game 100x easier lol. I ended up training all my pokes to lvl 75 for the e4 and eventually trained my Empoleon to lvl 100 without a single rare candy. I've never competed but I would like to start. Smile
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

TheMaple73 wrote:
DunsparceFTW wrote:
1georgiatech wrote:
DunsparceFTW wrote:
Spoiler:

TheMaple73 wrote:
Nintho wrote:

Nintho wrote:
No thats in D/P. Tropis is available in Platinum when you go into the Great Marsh. Mence? Idk what that is O.o. Oh that's right, forgot about the Great Marsh, and Mence is Salamence, but if you're also looking into Garchomp then I believe you can catch Bagon at the same time, but I got to say, I love Mence, but Garchomp is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
TheMaple73

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:06 am

You can't really get a bagon in platinum until you get the poke radar which is post game and well then it wont really matter
Back to top Go down
paule1955

paule1955

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:39 am

i love scorupi its awesome but if you said any pokemon ever i would say lanturn
Back to top Go down
iMijumaru

iMijumaru

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am

mijumaru is awesome to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon   Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatting : talk about 4th gen pokemon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Lunch Ever Forums :: Pokemon :: Fourth Generation Pokemon Games-
Jump to: