Best Lunch Ever Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing bad things is fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Best Rival.

Go down 
+19
Brawler1235
AeroDud3
TheCrystalisk
FreeGamer
1georgiatech
ShiningCharizard
ShiningCharizardx
DunsparceFTW
POK3RUS
ChatotShow
BlackRayquaza98
Yogomaga
Wind
ShadowofaMew
KingdomKeyD
Deathofghosts
Firetype1
paule1955
Nintho
23 posters

The best rival?
Blue Oak
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap44%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 17 ]
Silver
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap31%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 12 ]
May/Brendan
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap3%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Wally
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap10%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Barry
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap5%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Bel
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap3%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Cheren
The Best Rival. I_vote_lcap4%The Best Rival. I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
Nintho

Nintho

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 am

A Rivals job in pokemon is simple: push the player to raise his/hers pokemon and become a tough oppponent in the game, I enjoy the aspect of the Rival in all pokemon games i belive that the game wouldnt be same without it, so i was wondering which rival you though was the best in doing his/her's job?

Heres a list of them:

Blue Oak:
Aka: Red, Green, Gary
Apearences:Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FR, LG, HG, SS
Rival In: Red, Blue, Yellow, FR, LG
Bio: Blue Oak is the rival of the player in the Generation I games as well as in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, their Generation III remakes. He is a very cocky and somewhat unfriendly young man, typically bidding Red/Leaf farewell with "Smell ya later!", and his primary motivation throughout the game is to become the greatest Trainer. He eventually accomplishes this, defeating the Kanto Elite Four and becoming the Champion, but is quickly defeated by the player, losing the position.
Ambition: Pokemon Champion.

Silver:
Aka: Gold, Soul, Heart
Apearences: Gold, Silver, Crystal, HG, SS
Rival In: Gold, Silver, Crystal, HG, SS
Bio: Silver is the rival character of the Generation II games and their Generation IV remakes, playing opposite Ethan, Kris, or Lyra in Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Crystal, and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. He is the son of Team Rocket Boss Giovanni, and was long speculated as such due to the reference made toward Giovanni's red-haired child in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, as well as his Pokémon Adventures counterpart also being Giovanni's son. His connection to Giovanni was finally revealed via an event in HeartGold and SoulSilver activated by taking a fateful encounter Celebi to the Ilex Forest Shrine.
Ambition: Worlds Strongest Trainer, Capturing the legendary dogs.

May/Brendan (Dependant On gender chosen)
Aka: Saphire, Ruby
Apearences: Ruby, Saphire, Emerald
Rival In: Ruby, Saphire, Emerald
Bio: (For Brendan) Brendan serves as the rival in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, if the player choose to play as the female character.If Brendan is not selected as the player, he is helping his dad finish the Hoenn Pokédex and becoming a Pokémon professor. He is also the player's rival and friend.In the games he appears in, Brendan battles with the following Pokémon. Unlike other rivals (excluding May), Brendan never evolves his starter Pokémon into its final form.
Ambition: Become Friends with pokemon. Help him/her father in completing the pokedex.

Wally:
Aka: N/A
Apearences: Ruby, Saphire, Emerlad
Rival in: Ruby saphire, Emerald
Bio: Wally is one of the two rival characters in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald, the other being Brendan/May. He is the first rival not to be the player's first battle, and the first rival not to have a starter Pokémon.Wally is a young, sickly boy who just moved to Petalburg City. Despite his illness, his dream is to train Pokémon.His illness is never explained but his symptoms appear to clear up in clean air, so it may be asthma.

Barry:
Aka: Diamond, Pearl
Apearences: Diamond, Pearl, Platnium
Rival in: Diamond, Saphire, Platnium
Bio: Barry, like the player, lives in Twinleaf Town and is also the player's childhood friend (and soon-to-be rival). Barry is always in a hurry and extremely impatient, and because of this, often crashes into other people (usually demanding a fine from them) or misses important details. It is revealed in the beginning of Platinum, he gets distracted very easily.
Barry is incredibly determined and it is very difficult to discourage him; the only thing that has done this so far was his crushing loss to the Team Galactic Commander, Jupiter at Lake Acuity, although this defeat lead to a major positive change in Barry's character, causing him to become slightly more serious, realistic, and mature. He is also quite the braggart, often boasting about his battling prowess or how cool his Pokémon are. Barry does have a soft side however, as seen after the wild Starly attack.

Bel:
Aka: ? N/A
Appearences: Black, White
Bio: Bel is a childhood friend of the player. Though she is somewhat unreliable and a bit of an airhead, she also has a strong side, as shown when embarks on a Pokémon journey despite her father's strong opposition.Like the player and Cheren, Bel receives a starter Pokémon as a gift from Professor Araragi at the start of the game. The player will encounter and battle her several times throughout the game.
Bel will receive one of the Isshu region's starter Pokémon from Professor Araragi; promotional videos for the games suggest that she will choose the Pokémon with a type disadvantage to the player's starter.
Ambition: ? N/A

Cheren:
Aka ? N/A
Appearences: Black, White
Bio: Cheren is a childhood friend of the player. He is an intelligent boy knowledgeable in Pokémon, and will as such offer the player advice during the course of their journey. His goal is to to become the Champion.Like the player and Bel, Cheren receives a starter Pokémon as a gift from Professor Araragi at the start of the game. The player will encounter and battle him several times throughout the game.
Cheren will receive one of the Isshu region's starter Pokémon from Professor Araragi; he chooses the Pokémon with a type advantage over the player's starter.
Ambition: ? N/A

This is based on the games NOT the anime.

Last edited by Nintho on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paule1955

paule1955

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 am

wth??? how long did all that take to write?
and barry wasnt in sapphire..
Back to top Go down
Nintho

Nintho

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 am

Not long, the Bio was actually from Bulbapeida its just a reference for people.
Back to top Go down
Firetype1

Firetype1

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:42 am

Blue only cause hes cool as the 16th gym leader.
Back to top Go down
Deathofghosts

Deathofghosts

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 am

Gary Oak

His main instinct is revenge after you killed his raticate on the S.S. Anne and you work hard and crush his sole after he finally made it to being the champion, it makes your charicter look like a heartless bastard....

What?!... It's true!
Back to top Go down
KingdomKeyD

KingdomKeyD

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:55 am

Wally really isn't a rival. He is just a reoccuring character.

My favorite is most definatly Silver, the big jerk that he is. And he is the only one who changes in the games.

The second on my list is Blue, because he is almost as annoying as Silver, but is probably a lot stronger. Plus he turns into a Gym Leader later on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000054320909
Nintho

Nintho

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I think that Blue is the only Rival that ever amounted to anything great in the series.
Back to top Go down
ShadowofaMew

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Silver rocks!
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Wally was one of the hardest rivals, right before you got to the e4 he was the hardest rival to beat down. I think Wally was a beast rival.
Back to top Go down
Yogomaga

Yogomaga

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 am

Barry & Wally are not Pokemon Champions. Cynthia and Wallace/Steven were.

However, I like May/Brendan cuz they have a variety (everytime I battle them they have different pokemon)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Yogomaga
BlackRayquaza98

BlackRayquaza98

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:47 am

Silver Is Defintly the Best Because He Gets a Crobat In HG SS
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/BlackRayquaza98
ChatotShow

ChatotShow

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Waaaaaalll-E
Back to top Go down
POK3RUS

POK3RUS

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Why isnt red from HGSS there?
Back to top Go down
DunsparceFTW

DunsparceFTW

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Definitely Silver, he's just a... d*ck, I'm sorry, he is the perfect rival, and he's a ginger too, ginger's are awesome (no offense to gingers, I say that not out of disrespect to anyone). Pok3rus red isn't on there because he's not a rival, how is he a rival? You see him once the entire game? At the end of the game, and besides, he's not only in HG/SS, he's also in G/S/C.
Back to top Go down
ShiningCharizardx

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm

I like Barry because he's helping you throughout D/P/Pt and also a strong rival so he's that rival whose a challenge to beat but a friend in a different way and I like that.
Back to top Go down
ShiningCharizard

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Hello I like Barry because he helps u out on the game but also he's being a good friend to challenge
Back to top Go down
1georgiatech

1georgiatech

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 pm

I would not consider Wally a rival. Blue is beast as rival, champion and gym leader.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1georgiatech
FreeGamer

FreeGamer

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Silver was the best because of his family and political standing on pokemon. Since he is Giovanni's son, it makes it all the more appropriate. Also, his snobby "Pokemon are tools, and I am Hitler's mental twin" (No offense to anyone) just makes him all the more rewarding to fight and beat, even if he is a push over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FreeVlogger
TheCrystalisk

TheCrystalisk

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Bitch, blue is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
AeroDud3

AeroDud3

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

really Silver just would kick Blue or Green's ass in a pokemon battle and when was the last time you saw a 10 year old look through an old mans lab and kick you when you talked to them!
Back to top Go down
Brawler1235

Brawler1235

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Blue was hands down the best
Back to top Go down
rulingscizr

rulingscizr

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:46 am

silver is the best because he's a jerk
Back to top Go down
BlackBlastoise

BlackBlastoise

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:40 am

Blue (aka Gary)is the best he is ass all he wants is to be the best and better than Red (aka Ash)
Back to top Go down
icewarrior6

icewarrior6

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

blue or silver
Back to top Go down
pokemonblueisthebest

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Silver, he is only a jerk because giovonni hates him, duh, i mean come on, how would you feel if your dad hated you and you had no mom? God people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Best Rival. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Rival.   The Best Rival. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Rival.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Lunch Ever Forums :: Pokemon :: General Pokemon Discussions-
Jump to: